Of course, I'm not encouraging over-indulgence, but if you fancy a tipple that suits your type look no further!
1. Gin and Tonic. A rational One would appreciate unwinding with a dry, clean and modest cocktail that originally had a very sensible purpose (repelling mosquitoes).
2. Shirley Temple. Twos pride themselves on being 'good' and often have sweet, youthful innocence about them. A sugary, non-alcoholic cocktail is a great option, though if you wanted more of a kick you could substitute the ginger ale with alcoholic ginger beer or ginger wine.
3. Martini. A symbol of glamour, success and fame, this cocktail is a good choice for a Three. It's associated with the USA (a Three culture), and James Bond (also a Three) and, like a Three, has many faces (espresso martini, breakfast martini, dirty martini, appletini...).
4. Black Velvet. Originally invented to mourn the death of Prince Albert, this unusual drink creatively mixes the elite sparkle of champagne with the dark richness of Guinness. The right choice for emotionally intense, dreamy Fours.
5. Bloody Mary. With its complex blend of ingredients, an interesting etymology and bizarre taste/appearance, this cocktail will satisfy a non-conformist, learned Five.
6. Sangria. Sixes don't like to be alone, so they will especially enjoy a cocktail to share with a group of friends. This is the fruity, winey solution, served in a bowl or jug.
7. Long Island Iced Tea. Sevens love to try everything and get overwhelmed by having too many options. This cocktail solves the problem by containing what seems like the whole drinks cabinet (but the flamboyant decorations are optional).
8. Jägerbomb. A shot of potent Jägermeister dropped into a glass of Red Bull. Powerful stuff which is not for the faint-hearted or easily intimidated (so no problem for an Eight!).
9. Sea Breeze. A natural, gentle cocktail for sipping on a peaceful beach somewhere away from all troubles: heaven for a Nine.
The Playground Gallery Blog
Looking for the nine fixations in the world around us.